SSH Client/Server for IoT Applications
The RomSShell™ toolkit is often used in conjunction with RomCLI™ to deliver secure remote device management capabilities to many Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
An Embedded SSH Client/Server
RomSShell™ is a Secure Shell (SSH) toolkit that is often used in conjunction with RomCLI™ to deliver secure remote device management capabilities to many Internet of Things (IoT) applications. SSH provides encrypted communications between hosts over an insecure network. SSH and RomSShell™ offer a range of client authentication options other than X.509 public-key certificates which require a fully functioning public key infrastructure. SSH is also useful for port forwarding (sometimes called SSH tunneling) allowing you to arbitrarily tunnel secure TCP connections.
Although traditionally found in enterprise and networking infrastructure products, SSH popularity has spread to many additional vertical markets and now includes: consumer electronics, defense, gaming devices, medical applications, and the Smart Grid.
Allegro’s RomSShell™ client/server toolkit supports SSH version 2 and is pre-integrated with Allegro’s FIPS 140-2 and Suite B cryptography. RomSShell™ is also tightly integrated with RomCert™, an embedded implementation of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) and Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP), that makes embedding security certificate management into resource sensitive embedded systems and consumer electronics fast, easy and reliable, while decreasing time to market.
|Small code footprint||More resource available for application features|
|ANSI C Source Code Distribution||Broad processor architecture support eases porting and support|
|Processor, RTOS, and TCP/IP stack agnostic||Allegro’s products will work with new or existing hardware and software designs|
|Interface files for leading RTOS vendors provided||Minimizes porting effort, increase time to market|
|Shipping in millions of products worldwide||Field-proven reliability|
|Pre-integrated with RomPager® Embedded Web Server||Save your development team time|
|GPL Free||No licensing or development issues related to GPL|
|Supports multiple simultaneous SSH sessions||Enables a robust design that can support multiple users and various fielded environments|
|SSH Version 2||Latest SSH technology can be embedded in your device|
|SSH Client and Server||Your embedded design can reach out to an SSH server or allow an SSH client remotes assess for secure device management|
- RFC 2104 – HMAC: Keyed-Hashing for Message Authentication
- RFC 2279 – UTF-8, a transformation format of ISO 10646
- RFC 3447 – Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications Version 2.1
- RFC 4250 – The Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol Assigned Numbers
- RFC 4251 – The Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol Architecture
- RFC 4252 – The Secure Shell (SSH) Authentication Protocol
- RFC 4253 – The Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol
- RFC 4254 – The Secure Shell (SSH) Connection Protocol
- RFC 4344 – The Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Encryption Modes
- RFC 4432 – RSA Key Exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol
- Processor Architecture – Works with any 16-bit, 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- Operating System (OS) – Works with any OS vendor and will function without an OS if needed
- TCP/IP Stack – Works with any vendor implementation
- Filesystem – Works with any vendor implementation and will function without a filesystem if needed
- Compiler – ANSI C
Contact Us Today To Ensure Your IoT is Secure
Implementing IoT device security can be a challenge. Let us help you by sharing our proven framework for integrating a proactive security approach into your design. Click the button below to schedule a one-on-one web conference to discuss your security needs.