EFFECTIVE DATE: JAN 5, 2021
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, automatically through your use of our Site or Services, and from other individuals and entities.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
- Newsletter. If you sign up to receive our newsletter, we will collect your name and email address.
- Contacting Us. If you contact us, we will collect your name and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information We Collect From Other Entities
- Ad Networks . As described in more detail below, we engage companies to help us collect information from our Site and use it for analytics, and to help us perform marketing, including targeted advertising generally. We receive information about you from those companies.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites.
We collect information about you when you interact with us on social networking platforms. If you message us or tag us in a social network post, we will collect information about your message or the post we are tagged in. We do not typically associate this with your account.
Any social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any unaffiliated site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. We typically do not associate this information with your account.
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site;
- links you click on the Site;
- your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Customer Service : For customer service purposes, such as to communicate with you about your use of our Products or Services and to respond to your inquiries.
- Customization : To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- Advertising and Marketing : For marketing purposes, including, where permitted by law, to email you offers that we believe may be of interest to you and to send you our newsletter. To assist us with advertising, including digital advertising and to measure the success of our advertising campaigns (including through unrelated channels – such as our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- Administration: For administrative purposes; to help us better understand how our customers access and use our Site including the pages viewed, ad impressions clicked, or other Site activity; to maintain security and operability of our Site (including for debugging purposes); to provide reports to prospective partners, service providers, regulators, and others; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect you and us; to enforce this Policy, our Terms of Service and other policies.
- Research and Development /Analytical Purposes: For research and development purposes, including to improve our Services, products, and customer experience; to understand what parts of our Site are most popular or to improve our Site; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal Compliance: To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
- Protection of Us and Others: Where we believe it is necessary to protect us and others, including, without limitation, to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, security incidents, or other issues where we believe it is appropriate to protect us and others.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers . We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include entities that host our Site, help us stream live content to you on our Site, and assist us with scheduling.
- Ad Networks. We disclose your email address and other information to unaffiliated entities such as network advertisers, including LinkedIn, who help us administer targeted advertising campaigns. For more information, see the “Ad Networks” section below.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers . If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process . We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others . We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information . We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with other entities for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies . Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies . Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Cross-Device Use . We and our service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from our Site through your device(s), or from another entity) to help us and our service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer). We, and our service providers also may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you emails. To opt out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Ad Networks section below. Please note: if you opt out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt out each browser or device that you use.
Do-Not-Track . Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Networks section below.
Users in the United States may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members .
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site and Services may contain links to websites owned or operated by entities not affiliated with us. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your purchase or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.